About Me

To leave a comment username: ntudragonboat@gmail.com password: wemissyou same for photobucket.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Roaming in the street of yishun...

Ah San, brother 2 yr my junior.
In our Primary school days, We roam the street of yishun, in a gang of 4.
Me - Ah Nam, Ah Guang(cousin), Ah Zheng(cousin) and of cos our Ah San.
Used to steal money from the drawer where my parent keep all the money.
Sometimes 50cents, and sometimes 2 dollars, we are just craze over buying tamiya cars, he got an avante(blue) while i had a vanquish(golden color one) - i still remember how we send our tamiya cars for Modification..Hyper dash engine..and remote control cars and of cos tikam from the Blk 278 Mama shop - that Ah Na...
World cup - Mexico 86, Italia 90, USA 94 - those pannini sticker book are always on our iternary for those WORLD CUP years. Even till the last world cup, he had never fail to get those shinny shinny stickers and do exchange.
Always after school at the age of 9 and more, we will gather and grab our favourite BMX bikes.
i will longbang him on the bike stand i had on the back of the bike, from there we go around places in RURAL Yishun then in search of tadpoles and guppies.
We spent most of our time in the basketball court playing basketball, soccer and riding bicycles. Learning vulgar words in various language to deal with various groups of enemy kids is always what we are so good at...
Enaged in numerous fights with some of the neighbourhood boys, we ended up getting hatam by them cos we are simply outnumbered. But that didnt just end there, we always take revenge. Ramming the lifts of the ENEMY Boys whenever they took the lift to their places causing them to be trapped there for bours until rescue came to them. Blasting ICE Water- those syrup water 10cent each in their letter boxes, seeing those ants crawling out of their letter boxes simply crack the best smiles within ourselves.
One guy who is really a rich kid join in our conquest as the yishun street roamers, he is one rich kid who is seriously neglected by his busy parents, always inviting us to Uncle ringo, paco funworld, distributing 50 dollar note to us after stealing from his parents. We really had the hell lots of fun then, all FOC...thats the best part...
There are more "terrible stuff" that we did which u can never never imagine. That is how unforgettable our childhood are!!

Kampong Kid then, a comeback kid now. That is how Ah san is remembered now.

Ah Na - Mama shop uncle was around to see Ah San for the last time, when ah san got from his shop some MAMMI(snack with a blue monster outside the yellow wrapper) crackers. Ah San actually ask this Ah Na uncle how is his child doing in School?

That just shows how mature this bro of mine had become. FRom this Ah Na uncle, i only come to knew that he is really so special. So special that he simply etched his presence in all the hearts of people around him....these are just some of his doings that simply touched us.

I know that he always "kao bei" me Ah Nam - his brother to some of his NTU hostel bunk mates and also to some of the dragon boat kakis that i cut down his monthly financial supply when it is term break time. I only did it because i want him to come back home more frequently.

I had always like his presence at home, he is always so XIAO SHA. How i wish i could be like him sometimes....Just like a drifter, i always like to associate him with this song.

It is Here i go again - By WhiteSnakes 1987

I dont know where Im going
But, I sure know where Ive been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An Ive made up my mind,
I aint wasting no more time
But, here I go again
Here I go again

Tho I keep searching for an answer,
I never seem to find what Im looking for
Oh lord, I pray
You give me strength to carry on,
cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An here I go again on my own
Goin down the only road Ive ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An Ive made up my mind
I aint wasting no more time

Im just another heart in need of rescue,
Waiting on loves sweet charity
An Im gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,
cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An here I go again on my own
Goin down the only road Ive ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An Ive made up my mind
I aint wasting no more time

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go...

An Ive made up my mind,
I aint wasting no more time

An here I go again on my own
Goin down the only road Ive ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An here I go again on my own
Goin down the only road Ive ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An Ive made up my mind
I aint wasting no more time...

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go,
Here I go again...


Lastly...we would like to say this to u that
We are really proud of u.
We love u.

Love from all at home...
Ah Choo, Ah Sa Jei, Ah Boon Sen, Ah Lian, Ah Nam...

No comments: