About Me

To leave a comment username: ntudragonboat@gmail.com password: wemissyou same for photobucket.

Friday, November 30, 2007

San, our shining star, who dares to make a difference...

When my sister, Yumei texted me on Friday night saying that you went missing in Cambodia, I prayed that you would return home safely. I called Han Chong and family in Adelaide to keep you in prayers too. We were all hopeful that there would be a miracle on Saturday. Sadly, you left the world without saying goodbye and fulfiling your dreams in life. Tears rolled down in devastation every time when I read the articles and watched the videos about the ill-fated dragon boat incident and your report on the Straits Times website. Even until now, I still cannot get over your sudden departure. I can understand how Boon Sen, my brother-in-law and family feel at the loss of their beloved brother and son.

It was only the weekend before that you were playing with Xianyi and Minhui. My sister told me on the phone that Ah San went to buy “Wang Wang” biscuits for the kids and playfully took out a small packet of two biscuits from the big pack and asked Xianyi to share with his little sister. Of course our dear “Yi” boy (Xianyi) was jumping with frustration that he could not have the whole pack of biscuits. I believe that Xianyi, Minhui and all his nephew and niece will miss their Ah San “Tsu Tsu” (uncle) very much.

I last saw Ah San two years ago at our niece, Minhui’s one-month old celebration lunch. He has always been a fun-loving, humorous and strong boy who excels in dragon boating and other sports. He often takes good care of his mother, father and family. Although he did not shine in the early years of his education, he did well in Nanyang Polytechnic and made it to NTU. I feel proud of him and he will always be my inspiration and motivation to move forward and do much better. When I heard from my mum a few weeks ago that he had a good job at DSTA (Mindef), I was really happy for him. He has indeed done his mother, father and family proud. He has done Singapore proud by always giving his best in many dragon boat races. He will always be remembered as a special boy who leaves a great legacy behind.


Ah San did not live his life in vain because we all know that he lost his life doing a sport he has always enjoyed and was passionate about. Time heals all wounds but it is going to take a while for everyone in the family to come into terms that he has left. He will forever live in our hearts and watch over his family wherever he goes. May the Lord grant Boon Sen and family strength and peace at this heartbreaking and difficult time.

Di and Geoff Rankine, Vijay, Rhidika and family send their condolences from Adelaide to Boon Sen, Yumei and family.

With prayers in Adelaide,
Alice

No comments: